Home Area Networks have to be really robust
The home is a dynamic and unregulated environment. To be successful any HAN must meet certain criteria as follows:
- the HAN must work in the background without the consumer being aware of it and should continue to adapt and work without the need for service calls.
Plug and Play
- the householder must not involved in complex installation procedures
- the system has to work in an obvious and intuitive manner if there is any hope of users adopting it
- the cost should be low and recoverable with just one year of energy savings
- the system must be deployable to all existing appliances